Thursday, November 26, 2009

New Year's Day by Slaid Cleaves, Saxon Pub in Austin

Slaid Cleaves, Saxon Pub in Austin, Texas
Slaid Cleaves performed live at Saxon Pub in Austin, Texas the night before Thanksgiving November 25, 2009. I went with my sister Tamara and brother Rick from California. It was a great show and a fabulous night topped off with pancakes at Kerby Lane Cafe. And we've got the syrup to prove it! You can ask Man Ray.

Here's a video of the last song he played that night. New Year's Day is beautiful song with fantastic lyrics.


After the show, I asked Slaid if I could post some videos I took on YouTube. He replied "Sure thing, you can't stop it anyway." I commented that it helps promote your music. So if you like what you hear, please check out more of Slaid's music at www.slaid.com, go see his shows and buy his CDs.

In the picture below, my brother-in-law Rick asked Slaid to sign his CD for his wife. Slaid asked "what's her name?" and I interjected "Rick." We all laughed. Good times, good people and good music.
P1040889Rick Scott and Slaid Cleaves, Saxon Pub in Austin, Texas

No comments: