Saturday, November 15, 2008

My Musical Wanderings & DJ Loggy's Playlist

I love music and I play a little guitar. Ever since I was a kid, I've played in a variety of garage bands ranging from my first "real gig" as bassist / driver for my brother Robert Omlit's band to some exciting live performances in My Size with Foosh. Other important adventures along my musical journey have included Half Joe, Menagerie, Lomo Gato and Buster Grubbs.

My good friend Pete West was the leader and producer for Buster Grubbs. I wrote a lot of the lyrics and a few songs. While Pete is a professional musician and I'm just a hobbyist, I think we'd both agree that we created something unique and special when we collaborated. I do indeed miss those days jamming with Pete and all my other former bandmates. You can check out a few of the songs these bands created on my new online playlist at the social music sharing site called Blip. I hope you enjoy the tunes:

A love of music starts with your family and my family shared loads of music with me. My mom used to take the Logan kids to see American Bandstand at Malibu Beach. That's where I had the chance to give Marie Osmond a Paper Rose. 

Today my musical journey involves showing my 13 year old son Ayrton a few chords on guitar every now and then. I also enjoy observing my son's interaction with music. He loves a lot of classic tunes. His favorites include Louie Louie, Surfing Bird, Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds and just about everything by Creedence. Pretty good taste IMO.

No comments: